Twitter

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Were the SATs ever this scary?

Months before taking the SAT, my mother started her "you need to be studying" speeches. I'm sure everyone had the same or a similar experience with parents at some point trying to convince you what you NEED to be doing (mind you, I don't even think my parents took the SAT).

Needless to say, I didn't study for the SAT and did quite fine. The morning of, I can remember being relaxed as ever. Who's scared of a test??

That was 2005, in October (it was kinda chilly that morning, honestly) and it was the first attempt with the "new test" that incorporated the writing section. The damn test wasn't even hard. I know some people study for months and prepare for the SAT but in the end I think relaxing is the most important...

HONESTLY, what would you want to look like when you take a test...
Scared Pictures, Images and Photos

OR...

Logo


I'd suggest that the best way to prepare for anything is to just relax and not care about it. Either way

Here's an interesting story about the SATs.



What do you think?

-B

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing, in the paper, this last past school year, the SAT tests were the lowest in like 15 years or something crazy. My little brother is taking his for the 2nd time. Ive told him study study study but he thinks because hes in all honors he wil do well and actually he did really bad. Also they still dont have a range for the written part yet and we took it ..6 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The change to add the written part of the SAT while it was "discussed" for a few years seemed as though they threw it together in a dash without much consideration to how it would affect scores.

    ReplyDelete