Twitter

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Opposite to the Extreme..

St. Patrick's day 2010.

Started drinking at 4pm today. Thought that might be a good idea. Let's skip to the nightlife, after work.

"Yo where you at?" I had a few drinks before and during work, so my response was a little delayed "I'm walking out of work now, where are you?" It didn't take much longer before we met up. Sammy's place was on the 5th floor and I walked in, pressed the elevator button and rose to the occasion, the night has yet to begin. Numerous scenes having already occured before 5pm, so I can only wait for what the party on 52nd street would bring me.

Sammy rides in the back seat with me, we're bumpin Trey Songz (clearly my idol) and Kev brings us safely to our destination. Messages in both of our phones' inboxes. Roommates. Women all around, bad music. I'm feelin a little off but Sammy is keeping me entertained by sharing in my observation of the room. The music gets better and more ladies come into the room, clearly making my mood a little better.

Beer pong. I'm never very good at this damn game. We're up and Kev knocks down all but one cup, so naturally I get a little nervous that I haven't contributed. Nerves turn to heat and off goes my shirt, I guess its my good luck charm. I hit two game winners in a row. Sammy sees a girl looking at me and keeps telling me to say something to her. It feels a little awkward considering theres a woman in the room who I've been kinda interested in for a little while now, and for some reason unbeknownst to me has taken to acting strangely around me the past week or so (but I'm plagued by girls finding someone else and just not telling me, but rather just being standoffish...because clearly thats the best idea insted of being straight up).

Lets call the girl "R" for now. She is a very pretty girl. Dark hair, soft skin, smooth shape and a bright smile. I see Sammy talking to her while Kev and I are dominating the pong table two wins in the bag now. She comes over to me and says "I told her that she should just talk to you, because I saw her looking at you all night." I look up, and she's still looking. Gorgeous smile.

After beating "R" and her partner in beer pong, Kev and I call it a quits. For Kev, the situation is simple, and to quote Drake: "I just see my ex girl standin by my next girl, right next to the girl that I'm f****in right now." Obviously not to the same extent, we're not all ME here (my luck doesn't spread to my friends, they should feel lucky). I won't go into too much detail here but there's a lot of history that makes the scene interesting.

"R" comes up to me and introduces herself. I'm utterly shocked, because I had just made the decision to do just that. We have our brief conversation and I don'thave much of anything to say. Anyone who knows me would be stunned, and Kevin was. What you all may not know is, Kev keeps his thoughts on the inside of his head, I allow mine to flow freely through my lips and that's one of the main reason's we can be good friends. Minutes before we started playing beer pong, Kev told a girl that he was only friends with her because she is friends with a girl he was interested in at the time. Rude. But, it sounds like some shit I would say so I'm a fan.

Picture this, Kevin mr. attentive (to people's feelings and thoughts when he speaks) blurts out something reckless that most people would attribute to someone like myself. I am speaking to a girl, that I find really attractive and am being super standoffish, having a shy moment. We switched roles somehow, and took it to the extreme. I would never blatantly hurt someone's feelings, and Kevin would never shy away from a girl who came up to him and made her interest clear. Something's wrong. And right before we decide to grab Sammy, and Stoop (in Drake's line, she'd be the ex girl) and get ready to leave, I start to dance with "R." We finally get our moment and someone switches the damn song. Exit stage right.

B Nyce

No comments:

Post a Comment